October 7, 2020
Today on the blog, I’m sharing behind the scenes of a first look. [Featuring me always wearing sunglasses. You guys, it wasn’t even sunny out that day but I always forget they are on my head.] 🙂
All of my couples know that I believe they shouldn’t choose a first look if seeing each other at the ceremony is their highest priority. And that’s perfectly okay! Some couples love the idea of a first look while others want to have a more traditional experience of walking down the aisle to see each other for the first time. Either option is fine, but we typically ask our couples to at least consider a first look while they discuss the timeline of their wedding day.
With that being said, today I’d like to highlight a few pros to a first look:
1. You have a private moment together without any other guests watching. (We normally capture the first look on our 85mm or 100mm lenses, standing far away from you.) It’s also a little intimidating walking down the aisle with all of your friends and family looking at you while trying to keep your eyes on your husband, thinking to smile and not trip on anything.
2. Since you have seen each other, you can complete bride and groom + bridal party group photos and even some family portraits before the ceremony so that you can immediately join your friends at cocktail hour and reception. You won’t have to worry about completing bridal party, bride and groom and family portraits within only one hour before the reception begins.
3. We will have plenty of time to capture portraits outside in the beautiful natural light if the weather isn’t in our favor. K+R were grateful they chose a first look timeline because a tropical storm arrived during their outdoor ceremony and reception.
4. There isn’t anything like seeing your husband’s reaction when it’s only the two of you. You can exchange your initial first thoughts, hug and kiss. I’m speaking from experience, of course! Michael put his hands over his face to avoid crying when he saw me for the first time on our wedding day. AND he still cried when he saw me walking down the aisle.
5. Our couples have never regretted choosing a first look and it’s usually their favorite portion of the day. We capture every facial expression so that they can look back at their photos and relive those moments for years to come.
COPYRIGHT 2023 | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | DESIGN BY ALISABETH DESIGNS